[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch not started OK at boottime?

Fred codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Apr 6 04:41:59 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm having a problem connecting to the Freeswitch server running on a
Suse server when the it's started at bootime, but OK if I start it
manually through the init.d script, so I guess I did something wrong
when setting things up.

Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded and compiled the latest SVN source
2. cp /usr/src/freeswitch/build/freeswitch.init.suse /etc/init.d/freeswitch
3. chmod 755 /etc/init.d/freeswitch
4. chkconfig freeswitch 345
5. chkconfig -l freeswitch
6. (why needed in addition to chkconfig?) ln -s
/etc/init.d/freeswitch /usr/sbin/rcfreeswitch
7. Edit /etc/init.d/freeswitch:
	FREESWITCH_BIN=/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
	#(BAD!) FREESWITCH_CONFIG=/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/freeswitch.xml
	FREESWITCH_PARAMS="-nc"

Here's what it says when I try to connect to the server:
=========
# ps aux | grep free
root      3497  0.6  0.7  16912  8212 ?        Sl   12:03   0:00
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -nc

# cd /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/
# ./fs_cli
[ERROR] libs/esl/fs_cli.c:642 main() Error Connecting [Socket Connection Error]
=========

Here's how to solve this issue manually:
=========
# /etc/init.d/freeswitch stop
Shutting down FreeSWITCH                                              done
# /etc/init.d/freeswitch start
Starting FreeSWITCH 3867 Backgrounding.
                                                                       done
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin # ./fs_cli