[Freeswitch-users] How to call multi gateways for failover with early media?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:08:16 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM, David Knell <dave at 3c.co.uk> wrote:

> Ah, well, that's where you're trying to change the way that things
> have been done for some decades.  Ringback has historically been
> generated close to the called party, which is why you hear different
> ringback if you call people in different countries.

  What's wrong with that?  Isn't that what we are all doing (or trying
to do), to some extent?

  International dialing very well may use different ringbacks but:

1)  How important is this, really?
2)  How much more complicated is adding at least the real potential for 180?

  Actually using 180 w/o SDP provides for enhanced call handing
functionality while only requiring (in many cases) one additional test
scenario.  Consider the current example (all 180s are actually 180s
w/o SDP and 183 is 183 w/ SDP):

Bridging a call to multiple destinations (A, B, and C).