[Freeswitch-users] FS failover redundancy & load balancing

Pablo Hernan Saro pablosaro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:39:45 PDT 2009

Hi Ashley,

A very simple HA solution can be achieved by using SRV. But according to
your email, the solution that comes to my mind is the following:

PSTN Gw --> OpenSIPs stateless w/ dispatcher module --> many FS boxes

And if you want a balanced distribution of the calls, you can write a piece
of code to keep statistics of your active sessions in a db. Each time a call
arrives to a FS box, you trigger your piece of code to store a session
record in a db and when the call ends you update the statistics in the db.
This way, OpenSIPs can ask this db before making the decision where to route
an incoming call.
Fail over? If OpenSIPs gets a time out, just try with the next FS box.
I hope it helps you.

Pablo