[Freeswitch-users] Buzzing when people speak in conference

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:22:08 PDT 2009

the buzzing is probably a 60hz ground loop from the device that is calling
in.
Try using a different outlet, a different device, or if it's a cordless
device like a laptop, try it with the power cable
unplugged and only use battery to test it.  Typically there is nothing we
can do being on the receiving end of such noise.

2009/4/1 Stromin Normin <stormin.normin at hotmail.co.uk>

>  Hi,
>
> I've been asked to do some testing on Freeswitch by work, we currently use
> Asterisk.  I'm quite new to telephony so please go easy.
>
> I have FS setup on a windows box and at the moment I'm testing internal
> calls only, when I transfer calls or call extensions everything sounds
> great.  The problem occurrs when I setup conferencing, people can log in ok
> and we can talk, the trouble is as people start to talk a buzzing sound is
> heard in the background, once the talking stops the buzzing stops.  If the
> person goes on mute there is no buzzing.
>
> Hopefully this is enough info cheers for any help.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm