[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH running on OpenWrt

Stephen Crosby stevecrozz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:09:34 PDT 2009

Sounds like a fun project. I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of local
storage space for voicemail. You can easily mount remote filesystems to
increase storage capacity. I've done so using openwrt for my own projects
using shfs, nfs, and next I want to try s3fs.

--Stephen

2009/4/1 Carlos Talbot <carlos.talbot at gmail.com>

> Until I figure out how much of a load it can handle for now it's just an
> experiment. :)
>
> I was motivated by two factors:
>
> - Kristin had ported FreeSWITCH to Astlinux, another uClib embedded
> environment. This sparked my interest in getting it to work on OpenWRT
> - Asterisk has been running on OpenWRT for a while so I wanted to see how
> difficult it would be to bring in FreeSWITCH.
>
> Carlos
>
> 2009/4/1 Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>
>
>> 2009/4/1 Carlos Talbot <carlos.talbot at gmail.com>
>>

>>> Is there an interest in running FreeSWITCH on OpenWRT? I recently managed
>>> to compile and run a version for a MIPs based router, the Planex MZK-W04NU.
>>> This router has 32MB ram, 8MB flash, runs at 400MHz, draft N support
>>> (2.4GHZ), based on 2.6 kernels, a usb port and sells for about 60 bucks
>>> online. I used a 2GB USB flash drive for the FreeSWITCH directory and SWAP