[Freeswitch-users] Long Lost Comments Surface, Now We Know...

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:51:07 PDT 2009

In one of the most suprising events in current technology history in this
modern era, the long lost comments to many of the now-adopted internet RFC's
have finally surfaced.   Aparently the mail server was misconfigured at "The
Internet Society" and most of the comments were redirected to the local
lost-and-found box on the server whey they sat for decades.

In a suprising twist, it appears that RFC 2543, the predacessor to 3261
regarding the session initnation protocol had several critisisms that went
unanswered.  A few examples are included below.  Some other comments in
regards to RFC2833 (RTP Payload for DTMF Digits, Telephony Tones and
Telephony Signals)

could not be published due to the graphic nature of the content.