[Freeswitch-users] Call For Help: Janitor Projects

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Apr 1 03:00:58 PDT 2009

seven <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree, I think the author better to document the code first.

Well, actually... it's already done. It's called API documentation, and
consists of specially written comments in the code.

This is not user-level documentation, however; it exists to help programmers
who want to write applications or FreeSWITCH modules, or to participate in the
development effort.

Keep in mind also that this is a free software/open-source project; the
developers are free to decide how best to spend their time.

Personally, I would rather that they spend as much of the time as they wish
writing and maintaining code.

I've read enough of the code in FreeSWITCH to appreciate its high quality and
the soundness of the design.

It should also be remembered that the source code is the ultimate
documentation, and everyone is free to look at it and to document (in their
preferred natural language) what they find out.