[Freeswitch-users] Update procedure

jflowers jflowers at ezo.net
Tue Sep 30 15:08:20 PDT 2008

I have a several weeks old freeswitch-snapshot installed on FreeBSD 6.2 that
I would like to update and keep current with svn but I am unsure of the
correct procedure.

I checked out freeswitch trunk, ran bootstrap.sh, ./configure and make but
am having second thoughts about running make install over the
freeswitch-snapshot install directory (/usr/local/freeswitch).  Is that the
best way to do it?

Once I have done whatever I need to do to get to the svn version, can I just
do svn update, ./configure make && make install?  Can I use make
speedy-current?  Reason I ask is that this is an older slow machine with
limited disk space.  Takes a while.