[Freeswitch-users] Load test - performance not even matching Asterisk

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Sun Sep 28 08:58:21 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Jon Bruel <jbr at consiglia.dk> wrote:

>  I have made some load test, where an Asterisk server was controlled to
> make a high number of calls to a FreeSWITCH, which was registered on
> Asterisk. Each had its own server. The calls made to the FreeSWITCH were
> answered and echoed. The CPU load on the FreeSWITCH server approached 100 %
> at around 100 calls. Similar test with an Asterisk server would show 2-3
> times less CPU load. Looping back to the Asterisk, thus avoiding a possible
> CPU-loading application (echo), did not show a significantly different
> result.
>
> The test has been done on a CentOS 4 and a FC8 with similar result.
>
> Any hints about how to increase the capacity to the level of several times
> the level of Asterisk – as reported by others? Are we possibly dealing with
> some hardware issues related to the NIC and its drivers. /Jon

yes, we need more information to be able to help you

which protocol? SIP, I presume, then paste your profiles and also the
dialplan you are using

you can pastebin it all

configs
proc/cpuinfo
proc/interrupts
free
ip addr
dmesg

freeswitch start up log
freeswitch debug log for a SINGLE call

etc, etc

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070 | as
you scope creep, so shall we reap ...