[Freeswitch-users] Possible problem in adding channel variables to the bridge

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:19:56 PDT 2008

which leg do you want to see the variable and which leg do you need to
execute the extension

normally execute_on_answer is not used to do any prolonged activities since
it will indeed block the progress of the call until the application you
specified is done so it's normally just used to set a variable or schedule a
call hangup etc.

if you only want the execute_on_answer to happen on the b-leg you can do the
following in your existing code.

  <action application="export"
data="nolocal:execute_on_answer=execute_extension ONANSWER XML default"/>

the nolocal: tells the system to only set the variables on the b-legs
spawned from the current channel and never the A leg itself otherwise export
will set the variable on both legs.

This is the same as using {execute_on_answer='execute_extension ONANSWER XML
default'}
at the beginning of your dial string.

The variables you put in the [foo=bar] will only be set on the B-legs
spawned off from that originate.

if you do it like i mentioned here you can eliminate all of the checks for a
or b leg because you will be certain that the event is only triggered on the
B legs

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/