[Freeswitch-users] Possible problem in adding channel variables to the bridge

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Thu Sep 25 09:48:02 PDT 2008

Anthony, I think I understand this part of it, but I'll try to stay
humble.

This is what I want: I want to have several destinations in my
dialstring, and I want to pass different variables on to the script
which runs after answer.

I also wanted to control the A-number caller ID, and that works as it
should, by placing [originate_caller_id_number=XXXX] in front of the
destination. So let's forget about that.

I have tried:

<action application="bridge"
data="[NEWVARIABLE=AAABBBCCC]user/${custid}${dialed_ext}@${caller_domain
}"/>

In order to pass the variable NEWVARIABLE on to the ONANSWER script.

I have let the ONANSWER XML script make an "execute_extension call" to
another XML script. For the sake of clarity, lets call it the INFO
script. In the INFO script I check if variable in the dial string has
been given a value. The ONANSWER script is fired off two times: when the
a-leg answers and when the b-leg answers. Apparently that's the way
"execute_on_answer" works, when its set using the export facility.

When it is the a-leg which fires off the ONANSWER script, the
NEWVARIABLE exists in the following INFO script fired off by the
b-leg-answer event. But if the b-leg which fires off the ONANSWER script
first, the variable has no value in INFO script. In some tests, I get a
populated variable in 3 out of 10 calls.

Hope this clarified the issue, if not, I may call you on the phone. /Jon