[Freeswitch-users] VoiceXML and Speaker Identification Support

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Sep 24 08:05:04 PDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Ryan, Jay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to freeswitch.  I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to get a VoiceXML browser (e.g. i6net) glued into
> freeswitch?

It would require some coding, but the major pieces and interfaces are
there to do so.

> 2.  How about a more challenging integration of speaker
> identification (not ASR…an sdk that says…oh I know who this speaker
> is).

Integration wouldn't be that hard, the actual speaker identification
is a bit more difficult.

> 3.  Are the integrated tts and asr capabilities strong enough for
> carrier class / fortune 500 operations?

They are free solutions.  I find the tts quite poor, but I find tts in
general quite poor.  The asr seems to work pretty well but doesn't
come with the tools to ease development.  Why not try them out and see

Also, we support mrcp so we can talk to any major commercial asr or
tts engine.

Mike