[Freeswitch-users] Possible problem in adding channel variables to the bridge

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Wed Sep 24 03:52:38 PDT 2008

For a test, I have used the following show sample dialstring:

<extension name="Local_Extension">
            <condition field="destination_number"
expression="(10[01][0-9])$">
                  <action application="set" data="custid=100001210"/>
                  <action application="set" data="dialed_ext=$1"/>
                  <action application="set"
data="caller_domain=10.3.1.11"/>
                  <action application="export"
data="execute_on_answer=execute_extension ONANSWER XML default"/>
                  <action application="export"
data="execute_on_ring=execute_extension ONRING XML default"/>
                  <action application="bridge"
data="[NEWVARIABLE=AAABBBCCC]user/${custid}${dialed_ext}@${caller_domain
}"/>
            </condition>
      </extension>

<extension name="Call_Answered">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^ONANSWER$">
              <action application="set"
data="On_Answer_Is_It_Then_Passed=${NEWVARIABLE}"/>
              <action application="info"/>
        </condition>
  </extension>

      <extension name="Ringing">
            <condition field="destination_number" expression="^ONRING$">
                  <action application="set"
data="Ringing_Is_It_Then_Passed=${NEWVARIABLE}"/>
            </condition>
      </extension>

The two extensions Call_Answered and Ringing are just test extensions to
check if the variable NEWVARIABLE has been passed. If I just make normal
call, it is not passed on. Using export for the execute_on_answer, the
code runs twice. I have tried other "execute_on_XXX" but I can't see the
new variable. Again this may be related to my lack of understanding the
fundamentals of FS. /Jon