[Freeswitch-users] How to upgrade ?

Christian Jensen christian at jensenbox.com
Sun Sep 21 00:45:18 PDT 2008

It might be premature as well as half baked - I am just testing out the
thought, however here is my thinking...

There is a folder called extensions in the dialplan folder. The nice
thing about this folder is that it is read in by a simple xml
preprocessing command that says go get *.xml

Currently, it is being called from the Default dialplan.

Borrowing from the Apache HTTPD style configuration, everything to
customize the install is done with additional files as opposed to
editing anything that ships with the software. So This works, however,
we should be able to specify the name of a root configuration folder -
this way all config can sit way outside of the app tree - for example,
to place the FS app in one folder and have all external config in a
different folder not under the same path - thereby ensuring upgrade safety.

My patch is only going to work with dialplans, but I propose making it a
pattern to follow.

In the dialplan, I am making a folder for each context that will be
loaded externally and postfixing a ".d" on the end, so for example
default.d and public.d

Make sense?