[Freeswitch-users] Asynchronous communication with FreeSWITCH's mod_event_socket

Luke Graybill killarny at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:19:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Luke Graybill <killarny at gmail.com> wrote:

> My suggested solution is to apply the job-id concept from bgapi to messages
> as well, and to go a step further; borrow the Asterisk idea of transmitting
> an identifier along with each command. Every response and event related to
> that command should then contain the very same identifier in the header.

After speaking with bkw and MikeJ on irc, I'd like to further clarify my
suggestion to account for the fact that not all events apply directly to
specific commands, but for the ones which do (such as
CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE, and for non-events, like command/reply) I believe
the suggestion stands :)

Killarny