[Freeswitch-users] uPnP/NAT-PMP

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 16 11:39:47 PDT 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 1:32 PM, R. Eric Bennett wrote:

> I don't recall seeing anything anywhere (while compiling, on the Wiki,
> etc) that would suggest that FreeSWITCH does uPnP (or NAT-PMP for that
> matter; this question is without regard to NAT Traversal religion) for
> port mapping.  Is this a correct assumption?

It doesn't but with a two libs it could be made to do so.  Their are
two libs to do both uPNP and PMP with little trouble.

http://miniupnp.free.fr/libnatpmp.html

That would allow you to create a module to subscribe to events to make
them map the ports back to the FreeSWITCH box.  So mod_sofia could
fire an event saying "Hey, I'm on port 5060" and your mod_nat could
listen to those and poke the holes back to FreeSWITCH on those ports.
Just an idea :)  I have thought about it before.

/b