[Freeswitch-users] any VOIP service provider support the freeswitch now?

R. Eric Bennett reb-freeswitch at futurexp.com
Thu Sep 11 09:38:17 PDT 2008

While I know you said you wanted to put this thread to rest, I think
it is worth pointing out that for some SIP providers you'll need a
recent build.  For example, those wanting to experiment with SIP might
find AIM Call Out's SIP gateway a cheap (as in barrier to entry) and
easy (or not since you don't actually register with it unlike others)
way to experiment with adding PSTN access to their FreeSWITCH
configuration.

However, in order to use AIM SIP, it seems that you'll need a build
that supports "auth-username" which I believe does not exist in
1.0.1.  I say "I believe" because I don't think that I ever actually
tried "auth-username" with 1.0.1 since whatever led me to that
parameter suggested it showed up in FreeSWITCH after the release date
of 1.0.1.

thanks,
eric