[Freeswitch-users] openbts

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Sep 7 04:12:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

It is almost certainly trivial to avoid licencing issues through the use
of sockets. The overhead for socket communication would be no real issue
in this case, as the processing for the GSM stack will be so heavy, you
won't really notice the difference using sockets.

The openbts site makes light of the GSM protocols. It has taken huge
efforts over long periods for each GSM stack supplier to shake out their
wares. That has typically involved extented evaluations of why certain
specific spots on a network cause call drops (e.g. 50% of calls in cars
emerging from this particular tunnel drop as they emerge). Achieving a
usable stack is not for the faint hearted.

Regards,
Steve