[Freeswitch-users] Sound files/prompts

Marc Lewis marc at avvatel.com
Tue Sep 2 17:06:48 PDT 2008

I've been working on having a new/alternative set of sound files to the
callie files created.

One problem that I've run into, though is the amount of leading and
trailing silence that each sound file should have.

If there is no trailing silence, the next sound in a sequence will run
over the currently playing one.  In other words, if the following sounds
did not have any sort of "padding" sound-b.wav would start playing
before sound-a.wav was finished, effectively chopping off a portion of it.
   <action application="playback" data="sound-a.wav"/>
   <action application="playback" data="sound-b.wav"/>

If there is too much silence in a file, it sounds very choppy.

Is there a standard amount of silence that should be added to files or a
way to adjust the buffers so that the playback app actually finishes
playing a file before it moves to the next one?

Thanks.

 - Marc

--
Marc Lewis