[Freeswitch-users] Country Codes + Area codes

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Mon Sep 1 11:14:44 PDT 2008

Seysan napsal(a):
> Thank you,
>
> Actually I know ITU standards and numberings.

That sounds good :-)
See below...

> The first three posts was very helpfull.
>
> I need this, to use them on a website, so clients don't have to type
> Each Country and its numbers, They can just select it from a category in
> a drop down list like:
>
> Germany Proper
> Germany Cell
> --------------------> by breakdown
> Germany Frankfurt
> Germany Mobile ePlus

I think you need something like this :-)
And because I had to solve very similar task in the past (and try every
DB I found :-), I strongly recommend you not to depend on third party
resources and DIY based on actual National numbering plans, published by
local Telecommunication Offices.

If you are familiar with numbering plans, I think you can process whole
EU + NANPA in about 2-3 days and you ended up with precise and VALID
database :-)

BTW: Don't forget about number portability - may be you can ask in most
important countries for affiliate memebership in RNPDB...

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska