[Freeswitch-users] mod_cdr revival (or new module maybe)

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 22:51:26 PDT 2008

regs at kinetix.gr wrote:
> Yes, the xml files give you tons of info... but isn't it a little
> insufficient - performance wise -
> to open and close so many files in such a little time. In a PBX
> environment that wouldn't be an
> issue but if we get to the small-voip-carrier level (some thousand cdrs
> per hour)
> that could slow things down considerably, wouldn't it?

Not that you'd notice.  We run XML CDR to database scripting on each box
that we use
for switching, and it's a pretty trivial task compared with switching
all that media.  Doing it
this way is:-
(a) distributed - one process per box scales nicely;
(b) robust - script down, DB down, no problem: files just queue up;
(c) simple - the script logic is trivial:
- while 1
  - for each file in the XML CDR directory
    - open it
    - parse it (XML::Simple for us)
    - insert it in to the DB
    - delete it
  - sleep for a couple of seconds
Two error cases: can't parse or can't find data which should be there:
move the file in to
another directory to be examined by real eyes; DB insert fails: break
out of inner loop and
it'll be retried after a short pause.

--Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031