[Freeswitch-users] dptools "read" command doesn't appear to work properly (how to read dtmf via event socket)

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 29 10:54:15 PDT 2008

I tried to read dtmfs via event socket and came across this thread.
What do you mean by:
> If you're using event socket you have really no reason to use the read
application.

Is there another chance to do this?

Currently I do the following and this isn't successful:

I send the following message to FS:
SendMsg 4f286c18-a5de-11dd-bef3-4b1a61d55c50
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: read
execute-app-arg: 0 10 ivr/8000/ivr-enter_ext.wav dtmfdtmf 10000 #,*
event-lock:true

I type 4 digits on the phone 1 2 3 4 plus #

I receive 5 separate DTMF events
DTMF-Digit: 1
DTMF-Digit: 2
DTMF-Digit: 3
DTMF-Digit: 4
DTMF-Digit: %23

The final event however doesn't deliver the parameter "dtmfdtmf" as
defined above. So I cannot receive the dtmf digits this way.
I grepped the network traffic to be sure I haven't missed anything.

Any idea?

Best regards
Peter