[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch as a stateful SIP proxy or back2back user agent?

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:31:59 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Ryan McDougall <sempuki1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already, but does
> freeswitch expose an API that would make it appropriate as a SIP
> proxy?
>
> Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

As my research continues I see how badly phrased my question was.

A stateful SIP proxy and a B2BUA are very different beasts it would seem.

The former is best accomplished by taking Kamailio and using its
custom scripting language to write into to a database using one of its
DB plugins.

The latter can only be accomplished by using FreeSwitch, since the
above scripting language is rather limited.

My revised question is this: What API does does FreeSwitch expose to
implement a SIP B2BUA, and where?

In other words can you point me to any documentation for implementing
a SIP B2BUA?

Cheers,