[Freeswitch-users] Authorizing Anonynous Devices

Klaus Teller klaus.teller at gmx.net
Tue Oct 28 13:02:01 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I need some additional help with this issue. I already had some from Brian i'm but still not able to move forward.

I want a non-registered device to be able to call extension 56900 in my Freeswitch in such a way that i can manage the call using the socket interface.  I believe the issue i'm having is that of permissions.

Based on what was suggested sofar, here is what i did.

1) Added following extension in dialplan/default.xml

     <extension name="check_auth" continue="true">
  	    <condition field="${sip_authorized}" expression="^true$" break="never">
  	           <anti-action application="respond" data="407"/>
  	    </condition>
   </extension>

2) Set auth-calls to false in internal.xml. That is
<param name="auth-calls" value="$${internal_auth_calls}"/>

was replaced with:

<param name="auth-calls" value="false"/>

3) Changed acl.com.xml by replacing

 <list name="domains" default="DENY">
      <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
    </list>

with

 <list name="domains" default="allow">
      <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
    </list>

Now here is the result i get after these changes:

a) Anonymous non-registered device can call registered soft phone  at extension 1003
b) Anonymous non-registered device cannot call 56900 that needs to be managed via socket interface (error message 480). Also 9000 cannot be called.
c) Registered soft phone (extension 1003) cannot call 56900
d) Registered soft phone (ext 1003) can call registered soft phone (ext 1000).

If i perform only step 1 and 3 (i.e. auth-calls not set to false), a) become impossible, b) remains wrong, c) is now possible (i.e. socket interface being notified about call at 56900), while d) remains. valid.

Disabling any of 1) or 3) would result into calls by non-registered device being rejected.

Any idea what else can be tried?

Thanks,
Klaus.