[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:37:33 PDT 2008

This is what I have in my "/dialplan/default.xml":

   <extension name="test">
                <condition field="destination_number" expression="^123$">
                <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=false"/>
                <action application="set" data="enable_heartbeat_events=10"/>
                <action application="socket" data="192.168.1.5:8022
async full"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

At the "192.168.1.5:8022" the PHP script is listening. The scripts
forks every new call over the socket.
So if I have one caller and then call the command "api originate
{origination_caller_id_number=1234567,inbound_uuid=".$event['Unique-ID']."}sofia/internal/1001 at ...
123 " a new PHP process is startet.
But this should be no problem, if it would be possible to control the
inbound call in the first process from the outbound call in the second
process (when using event_socket outbound). "api uuid_bridge" works
for example very good, if i call it from the outbound call process.
But "api uuid_playfile" does not exist and "sendmsg playfile
<uuid_of_the_inbound_call> /path/file.wav" does not work, because it
only seems to be available when using mod_event_socket in inbound
mode. For me it is not only "playfile" which I am missing, it is also
"hangup" and other commands, which seem to work in mod_socket_event in
inbound mode.

You said, you wanted to lift these restrictions, but they do not work
for me (at least I do not know how to use it). Are there any settings
I have to configure to make it work the way I need it?

Be sure I will be on IRC tomorrow. Perhaps this helps to avoid
missunderstandings ;-)

Thanks
Dennis