[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:46:10 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 3:50 AM, Dennis <odermann at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> When using socket outbound, freeswitch connects to the PHP-script, the
> >> PHP-script forks and is registered to "myevents" (events all seems to
> >> give me all events from all connections).
> >> One of the problems I have with "outbound" is, that I won't get all
> >> events. For example I do not get "hangup", because the socket
> >> connection seems to die, before freeswitch sends the last command when
> >> hanging up. With "ringing" the problem seems to be the same.
> >> I only get a "hangup", when I register to "events all" and have to
> >> active calls. When one of the two calls hangs up, i can see it by
> >> printing out all events in the PHP-script.
> >

> > Good point.  I fixed latest release to linger on the socket until you get
> > the channel_hangup
> > event providing you did "myevents"
>
> Anthony, that is so cool! It works exactly as I whished now. As far as
> I can see, I get all needed events thanks to your changes. Thanks a
> lot for the great support!
>

> >> Another thing ist the events "heartbeat". Will I get the  "heartbeat"
> >> for every single call or just one heartbeat for all calls?
> >

> > The regular heartbeat event is for the whole system in case you are
> managing
> > a connection
> > to several boxes or you want to be sure the box is up.
> >
> > There is a per call heartbeat you can enable at a desired interval for
> calls
> > with media flowing through FS.
>
> A per call heartbeat is exactly what I am looking for (as far, as I
> get it, when registering to myevents). What does "calls with media
> flowing" mean? What makes them different from other calls?
> Where can I aktivate a per call heartbeat and where can I set the interval?

Meaning in bypass_media mode it will not work because the logic lives
in the media io handler.  Supporting it in calls where media is point to
point would require
some more code.

> A more precise question about inbound/outbound: I want to read out the
> events from freeswitch with my PHP-script and then tell freeswitch,
> what to do next. I have the feeling, that "outbound" is the way to go.
> But of course I also want to be able to start calls. Can I do this by
> using "outbound"?

yes

> If I want to start a call without bridging two sides, is "originate"
> the command to use? I have problems to understand, when to use
> "sendmsg" and when to use "api". Like "bridge" works with "sendmsg"
> and "originate" seems only to work with the "api" command.

sendmsg is for dialplan applications (show application) on the cli
api is for FSAPI interface (show api)

btw you should update again to latest as I made another tweak regarding this
behavior change

> Thanks again
> Dennis

Anthony Minessale II