[Freeswitch-users] Questions

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue Oct 14 08:29:03 PDT 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 9:17 AM, gary wrote:

> 1) Do I need to reload directory into FS after I added new users in
> XML file? How? reloadxml?

correct

> 2) Can I use alias for user?  I'd like to register the user with 10
> digits DID and  also assign 4 digits extension to the same user so
> people can call each other internally with 4 extensions. What is the
> best way to do this? I do not want to hard code all these 4 digits
> extensions into dialplan to map the their DID.

you can use the user endpoint and add a dial-string param to point at
the other, then use the user endpoint to send the calls  You can also
in dialplan just transfer from the 10 digit number to the 4 digit

> 3) Can FS handle large number of sip registrations with
> multiple(over 100) tenants (context) ? Lets say 10,000  or even
> 50,000 users.

We didn't intend for it to handle many thousands, but with odbc
backend, who knows.  Try it and see in the lab, but my guess is you'll
want a proxy based registrar for that kind of load.