[Freeswitch-users] garbled audio playing shout streams

Mark D. Anderson mda at discerning.com
Sun Oct 12 09:16:58 PDT 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 17:25:27 -0700, "Mark D. Anderson" <mda at discerning.com> said:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 14:41:34 -0400, "Michael Jerris" <mike at jerris.com>
> said:
> > We just swapped out the mp3 decoder library with a new one in order to
> > fix these problems last week.  You might want to give trunk a try, I
> > think it should be much better.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Thanks Mike. I've rebuilt and will let the list know how it goes after
> our next big broadcast day in a week.
>
> -mda

Unfortunately, the audio quality is much worse now, and I had to roll back
without waiting to see if the reliability was improved. So:

Rev ?, HEAD built 2008-08-24:
  streaming music is tolerable, speech is good
  after a few hours will lose it (not tracking encoding changes in mp3 frames?)
  and produce garbled audio

Rev 9849, HEAD built 2008-10-05:
  streaming music is intolerable, speech is crackly
  don't know about reliability (had to roll back before waiting)

What was changed in the past 2 months? Are there any knobs to turn or other things
I can try?

FYI the mp3 stream is served with icecast2 and are 64kbps bit rate, 44.1khz sample rate, mono.

Thanks.

-mda