[Freeswitch-users] Strange originate behavior in xml_rpc

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Fri Oct 10 02:43:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've been testing some xml_rpc scripts to make calls.  (For a "click
to call" application I want to write.)

I'm experiencing some strange behavior in regards to setting the
caller id.

If I DON't pass a caller id with the originate command, the calls
works perfectly and the caller id shows as "000-000-0000".

If I DO pass a caller id variable, then I still get a call ringing,
the caller id is still "000-000-0000" and when I answer, it hangs up
immediately and the debug in freeswitch shows an error.  I'm getting a
"407 Proxy Authentication Required" error.

I'm trying to understand why setting a caller_id triggers an error
when not setting one works.  Could it be something setup wrong in my
dialplan?

Here is the effective part of the XML I'm passing to Freeswitch:

<value><string>{effective_caller_id_number=3235551212,accountcode=1}sofia/internal/13235551111 at outbound1.vitelity.net
  &amp;bridge(sofia/internal/3135552222%111.111.111.111)</string></
value>

Thanks,

-Noah