[Freeswitch-users] Can't get ODBC working

Alex Kinch alex at alexkinch.com
Thu Oct 9 12:11:45 PDT 2008

OK well I'm a bit stumped now. Having followed all the instructions, I
can't get FS to use MySQL via ODBC for voicemail storage.

Everything appears to work fine, isql allows me to connect to the
MySQL database and show the test table I created, like so:

isql -v voicemail_odbc voicemail [password edited out]

I've configured FS with --enable-core-odbc, done make clean and make
all install (twice now just to be sure. In voicemail.conf.xml I've got:

<param name="odbc-dsn" value="voicemail_odbc:voicemail:[password
edited out]"/>

  However, when I start FS it says:

2008-10-09 20:01:40 [ERR] mod_voicemail.c:598 load_config() ODBC IS
NOT AVAILABLE!

Any suggestions? Using the latest trunk (9916).

Alex