[Freeswitch-users] fring

Torstein Knutsen torstein.knutsen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:26:33 PDT 2008

Yeah, this is a good answer :)

I did somemore research with Fring,and it seems that i'ts not the iphone
that talks SIP, iphone talks "fring'ish" with fring servers, who in turn
talks SIP with eg your FreeSWITCH .. I have yet to hear of somone having
less than 1000ms delay on the media, so I think ("as the SIP guy over here")
that it's better to hold out for another app to the iphone for SIP
functionality...
Some of these SIP servers uses official addresses in CONTACT, and some not.
Servers I have seen has been located (if RIPE is correct) in Finland,
Israel, and UK.. there probably is more ...

anyhow tought you might like to know.
regds
Torstein