[Freeswitch-users] fring

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:10:05 PDT 2008

That should be framed so nobody can forget how they passed the buck to....
"the SIP stack" the all knowing SIP stack.  What does that mean?  Tell him
next time he wants to pretend he knows what he's talking about to say "THE
RFC SAYS...." That's how the pros do it.

For example... The RFC says that if you call someone with a contact header
that you MUST send any subsequent communication to that contact address so
if you send FS an INVITE with a contact with a local addr, we will try to
send the rest of the signaling to that addr.

The solution is for them to use STUN, we all know they won't so the other
solution is to turn on the NAT hacks in FS that will make us
do an acl lookup on the contact addr and lock the traffic to be pumped out
the reverse port.

In your sip profile add the params
<param name="apply_nat_acl" value="rfc918"/>
<param name="agressive_nat_detection" value="true"/>

This will make FS break all the normal rules so the phone can be behind nat
and be stupid and blissful while we pretend they
did the right thing and lie to them so they think you are calling somone on
the local lan.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Torstein Knutsen <torstein.knutsen at gmail.com

--
Anthony Minessale II