[Freeswitch-users] Load test - performance not even matching Asterisk

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 06:39:16 PDT 2008

are you doing anything with bypass_media?
We had another guy with something similar and we have not been able to nail
it down besides
he was doing a media call that shifted to bypass_media mode.

If you have a situation where it happens every time a pcap and or FS console
on debug of it happening would be nice.
It seems odd that the auto adjust code is being triggered considering the
design says that if the leg from FS1 -> C gets a packet
from some other ip than that of C that it adjusts to that.  So it would
appear that somehow one of the packets from FS2 to FS1
ends up being picked up by the rtp socket that was meant for the FS1->C
leg.  (maybe a race in the port allocator giving both legs the same rtp port
or something funny?)

say your phone is A

A -> FS1 (recv port 1000)
FS1->FS2 (recv port 1002)
FS2->C (recv port 1004)

either port 1004 is somehow getting the packet meant for 1002 which would
make no sense
or somewhere in here both boxes picked the same port or the packet is
somehow multicasting to both ports which would make no sense either.

I would like to figure it out though if you could provide the details
including the dp and all the attrs you set etc.

BTW, you can turn off RTP auto ADJ both with a channel varable and a profile
param (i forgot the name but it's on the wiki)