[Freeswitch-users] Issue (maybe a Bug?) in Receiving DTMF

Klaus Teller klaus.teller at gmx.net
Thu Oct 2 12:28:38 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a voice application running in a voice browser and sending DTMF tones.  On the other hand, I have a self-written Java tool running through Freeswitch  to load-test the voice application. To interact, both applications essential do the following: sending DTMFs, reading DTMS, playing audios.

Now, when a lot of calls are initiated (48 calls with at most 12 concurrent), it seems that Freeswitch misses some digits. I looked at the wireshark trace and it shows that the sequence that was sent by the voice application is 253988 while Freeswitch only received 23988. In each call, the application under test will typically play 10 such DTMF sequences; multiplying this by the number of calls, it means that the problem happened once in 480 times. Or in other terms since each dtmf sequence has 6 digits, this problem happened for one digit out of 2880. Yet, we can consistently reproduce this.

I have the Freeswitch logs and the Wireschark dump (50Megs) if somebody would like to take a look.

Is there anything i might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Klaus.