[Freeswitch-users] Sound file as ringback

Jan Kubr jan.kubr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 10:30:51 PST 2008

Hi,
I would like to play a sound file while bridging the call. The wiki
says that the ringback variable can be set to a file name as well.
However, I haven't been able to get this to work (as I thought it
would).

<action application="set" data="ringback=ring.wav"/>
<action application="bridge" data="user/jan@$${domain}" />

I have try different format of files (from 8KHz mono wavs to MP3s, all
of which play fine via playback) and some caused the bridge to be
finished immediately (with NO_USER_RESPONSE), some make it generate
crazy beeping, but none is played while the phone is ringing on the
other end.
No error or anything obvious to me in the log file (even in debug mode).

Can someone please tell me how this is supposed to be used?

Cheers,
Jan