[Freeswitch-users] Getting Started using C#

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Wed Nov 26 14:10:16 PST 2008

Hi Tim,

It depends what you're trying to accomplish. Many times an external server over sockets can offer benefits - scalability in some cases. But sometimes it's not practical to do it on a separate process, or it's just easier to do it in-process. (I find that a mix is the best approach - lump together smaller actions into an in-process app, then control it higher level from outside.)

There are some problems in the C# event socket code library, last time we checked. [As always,] Best to test it heavily before production. I've done reasonable stress tests on the mod_managed parts and didn't run into any problems (I suppose if you created a multi-GB managed heap, a GC could pause some media threads for a bit...).

For the in-process managed API, see:

                http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_managed

See the Demo.cs in the src/mod/languages/mod_managed/managed folder for a simple example.

I'm MichaelGG on IRC, or you can hit me on IM on my site, www.atrevido.net<http://www.atrevido.net>.

-Michael