[Freeswitch-users] where do variables like local_ip_v4 get their values?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Nov 26 06:13:11 PST 2008

local_ip_v4 is setup inside switch_core.c as a global variable that
can be used in the config.  FreeSWITCH will try to detect the proper
address to bind to for the sip profiles in your case it can't figure
it out since you might not be connected to the internet.  So you can
open up vars.xml and set it... remember the default configs are just
an example of how to use FreeSWITCH not the set in stone way you
should use FreeSWITCH.   You can also open up the xml files in
sip_profiles and input the sip-ip and rtp-ip in there also.

/b