[Freeswitch-users] Anthony is all heart ...

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:02:34 PST 2008

Hi All,

We all like to be thanked and when someone does something for me, I like to
show my gratitude towards them and I think what Anthony did for me today
deserves a public show of gratitude. It goes like this:

I have a single port FXO card in my home machine running FS and I needed to
modify the tone_detect app so that it would not incorrectly detect busy
tones during phone calls. If I call in and hang up on the remote end, FS
would detect the busy tone and hang up correctly. The problem was that
tone_detect would act as soon as it detected the requested tone (in my case,
busy tone) so I might be in the middle of a phone call it would sometimes
incorrectly detect a single busy tone and drop the call. I tried to ignore
this at first but it started happening more often so I spoke to Anthony
about the possibility of modifying tone_detect to have a "hit count" during
a time window, so that it would have to detect X number of busy tones before
hanging up the call.
As you can all see, this is probably a minor issue on Anthony's priority
list since there are many more important issues to fix or things to do on FS
than fix tone_detect. Even so, he spent a good 6 hours on this issue and
kept hacking at it until he got it fixed.

Anthony, once again, fixing tone_detect really helped me but what I
appreciate more than anything is the willingness to help and invest so much
of your time on this .. so thank you once again!
- Gonzalo (aka znoG)

PS: I will soon update the wiki page
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_tone_detect   with
details on how to use the hit count