[Freeswitch-users] How many calls can FreeSwitch bridge simultaeously

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 02:39:31 PST 2008

Hi George,

We've run a few (up to four, I guess) hundred concurrent calls without
trouble routing media
as you describe on a Core 2 Duo box.  Unless you've got gigabit
Ethernet, you'll run out of
bandwidth not far beyond this point; each leg will consume ca.
100kbits/sec both in and out.

Cheers --

Dave

> My FreeSwitch app needs to bridge a lot of calls, and process all the
> media.
>

> I'm using PCMU, and every inbound call gets bridged to another
> outbound call.
>

> There shouldn't be any transcoding.
>

> How many concurrent calls can FreeSwitch support under this scenario?
>

> Can someone point me to any performance measurements for FreeSwitch?
>

> Thanks.

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031
http://www.3c.co.uk