[Freeswitch-users] JavaScript: session.streamFile VS conference play file

Birgit Arkesteijn birgit at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 10:25:07 PST 2008

Hi,

I would like to use session.streamFile(file) on a session that is
"dropped" into a conference, so I know exactly when the file finished
playing.
However, this doesn't work. As soon as the channel is part of a
conference, session.streamFile(file) seems to block or at least, I
cannot hear any sound.
Is this correct behaviour?

apiExecute("conference", "<confname> play <file_path> [<member_id>]")
works, but then I don't know when the file finished playing.

The reason why I thought that session.streamFile(file) was likely to
work is because session.execute("record_session", recordfile); work as
well as apiExecute("conference", "<confname> record file");

Thanks, Birgit

--
-- Birgit Arkesteijn, birgit at westhawk.co.uk,
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK