[Freeswitch-users] mod_python sqlalchemy core dumps ( .)

Traun Leyden tleyden at branchcut.com
Wed Nov 12 12:08:53 PST 2008

> Hi,
>  It seems (still need to run a few more tests to be sure) you have
> completely solved my problem.  This had been driving me nuts for the
> last several days, and I can't tell you how helpful this simple
> suggestion was!

Cool!  And sorry you got all "hung up" on the hangup hooks.  mod_python has
a narrow testing record.  Certain things have been tested heavily and are
known to work reliably, but once you veer off the path, you are vulnerable
to potential bugs like the one you saw.

> Maybe it's worth adding something to the freeswitch mod_python wiki
> page about this?

Yeah definitely.  I updated the wiki with warnings to hopefully save the
next guy the headache.  That hangup hook function should probably be removed
until its known to work reliably.

>  I still don't know exactly why this causes a core
> dump, and it seems to work ok, as long as there is nothing else
> interacting with it (e.g. sqlalchemy),

If you can get a good core dump it might reveal something.  Maybe a clean
build or something .. I thought it was built with debugging symbols by
default.  Also you should call gdb freeswitch core.1234 (2nd arg should be
freeswitch binary) if you are not already.