[Freeswitch-users] Socket outbound: How to bridge two calls?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:17:14 PST 2008

Notice the one that works is the one you are typing from the cli.

maybe your event socket client code is not coded right?
Are you adding 2 <CR> to the end of every event?
Are you reading in the appropriate bytes from the Content-Length header?

The example of uuid_bridge from your program looks like a canceled outbound
call.
what steps are you taking to do this?

Again try it from the CLI to prove it works.

* Make an extension that just calls answer and park and call it inbound.
<action application="answer"/>
<action application="park"/>

* call the extension and note the channel hitting the dialplan.

* show channels to confirm it's there.

* at the cli type the following to establish and park the outbound leg
originate sofia/internal/user at host.com &park()

* show channels again to now see 2 parked calls.

* type in the uuid_bridge command with the 2 uuid

This is the exact equivalent of what you are doing.

FYI, i added a new var you can set called "park_after_bridge" that will
automatically return
the A leg to park after a completed bridge if that leg is still active.

make sure not to do any other calls at the same time to avoid adding extra
info to the
logs that make it harder to debug.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:30 AM, Dennis <odermann at googlemail.com> wrote:

> ok, now i understand to way intercept should work (i was always
> wonderung, why there only was one uuid).
>
> BUT, it still does not work. Could you please be so kind and have a
> look at http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/6033. there you can see the
> results of our latest tests.
>

> 1.) intercept with inbound-uuid and (originated) outbound-uuid (now
> the right way) => does not work for us.
>

> 2.) uuid_bridge with inbound-uuid and (originated) outbound-uuid =>
> does not work for us.
> this does not work either. we do not get any events with
> channel_bridge or something. after we make a bridge, nothing happens
> till we hang up.
>
> might it be possible, that there is a reason that i does not work and
> that the reason is the same because intercept does not work?
>

> 3.) uuid_bridge with two originated calls => WORKS
> we have an inbound call and then we make two originates. then we
> uuid_bridge both originated calls. we can talk to each other and get
> all channel events like bridge and unbridge.
>
> it seems, that there is a problem, when we want to do the whole thing
> with the inbound.
>
> the only problem is, that we originate both calls with
> hangup_after_bridge=false, but as soon as one of the bridged
> originated calls hangs up, the other call is also beeing hangup.
>

> we just can't see, what we are doing wrong or what we could try or
> change to make it work.
>

> thanks,
> dennis
>

> 2008/11/6 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:
> > you are missing execute-app-arg
> >
> > sendmsg <the uuid of the channel you want to control (inbound leg) >
> > call-command: execute
> > execute-app-name: intercept
> > execute-app-arg: <the uuid of the call you want to bridge to (outbound
> leg)

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/