[Freeswitch-users] More codec playback issues

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Nov 6 11:30:06 PST 2008

When you're doing a playback with the native codecs you shouldn't put
any extension on it.  It will automagically select the file based on
the current codec of the channel.

filename = "/tmp/recording"

Then have a file with all the codecs you support then FreeSWITCH will
pick the right one.

On Nov 6, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> I'm doing some more testing with various codecs. I'm seeing some more
> weirdness with the selection of a codec by file extension. I'm testing
> this on FreeSWITCH trunk 10270.
>
> The following script works with the .wav and .gsm extension, but
> everything else seems to fail.
>
> Using lowercase names (such as .g722) fail when recording with a
> "[ERR]
> switch_core_file.c:66 switch_core_perform_file_open() Invalid file
> format [g722] for [/tmp/recording.g722]!". Which is fine, I can use
> uppercase, but then that plays back garbled audio.

These are native file formats and should only play a G722 to a G722
channel.  They are also case sensitive.

> This script should beep, record until you stop speaking, beep again,
> pause, beep, playback, beep, hang up.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

/b