[Freeswitch-users] RTMP Support (Flash)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:12:49 PST 2008

The issue with java is not the client side it's the fact that the server
itself is java which makes it
a lot more difficult to link into FreeSWITCH.

We do have a mod_java with embedded java so we could embed the whole red5
server but then we would have to expose a ton of FreeSWITCH internals to
java and right now we only have a sandboxed api exposed for doing ivr stuff.

The other option would be make a module for this red5 that in turn calls FS
over event socket and
used the unicast command to direct audio over udp into the java module.

The best option would be if there is a c or c++ version of the lib (as
rumored on a few posts back)
Then we can compile the server right into FS.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm