[Freeswitch-users] VxML Parser?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 3 14:07:07 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Andrew Gilbert <gilbertandrew at mac.com>wrote:

> I am just an observer of FS.  What I am impressed with is the
> extensibility. And I am curious about xml models (vxml, proprietary xml) vs
> scripting (lua, python, etc). That is why I asked.

I'm sure they're all possible, but it's a matter of supply and demand.
Demand has thus far been very low for things like VXML so the supply hasn't
been established, at least not yet. If enough people want it then it will
definitely happen. Critical mass and all that.

> That said, sounds like the pieces are all waiting for the right motivation
> and resource set. I can't rule out helping, but can't promise much yet
> either.

Well said. We hope you can help out, even if it's just by using the software
and offering feedback.

> Lastly, curious about the "not very good" part or your response. Is this a
> reference to OpenVXI or one of it's derivatives?
>
> (and wikipbx does look cool....)

If you like that then check out tcapi.org. :)

-MC