[Freeswitch-users] clustered freeswitch

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 09:16:26 PDT 2008

Hi.
I'm completely new to freeswitch and would like to migrate from asterisk.
I have a couple of questions though:

1) I understand I won't be able to use my B410P Digium ISDN (mISDN) BRI card yet, right?

2) my TE120P Digium PRI card should work.

3) can freeswitch work in a master-master cluster?
Example:

FreeSWITCH-1 --- MySQL nbcluster tables --- FreeSWITCH-2

I suppose I can do this if I enable ODBC in FreeSWITCH. But will both FreeSWITCH boxes
get "confused" if they use the "same" clustered database (active/active)?
(by the way, does the built-in sqlite support clustered tables?)

SIP softphones and ATA phones would register via DNS SRV (or custom method) to any one of the servers but only one (the idea is to load balance registrations).

Say, extension 101 registers to FS-1 and 102 registers to FS-2.
Could 101 contact 102 simply by looking it up the clustered database (eg. querying the table may yield something like sip:102 at FS-2)?
This would be similar to Asterisk 1.4+ Realtime SIP registrations.
In Asterisk 1.2 I use IAX2 friend trunks between the 2 servers and DUNDi for the lookup.

Would queues and ring groups also work in a "clustered" freeswitch system?
In case of "queues", where is the caller position stored? Who's counting? FS-1 or FS-2?
Could the counter be stored in the clustered SQL table so that both FreeSWITCH servers get it right in case calls come in on both servers?
example:

PSTN---PRI---FreeSWITCH-1 --- clustered SQL --- FreeSWITCH-2---PRI---PSTN

Calls coming in from the PSTN reach both FS-1 and FS-2. I would like these calls to enter
a "clustered" queue which bridges calls to operator extensions which can be registered on either server.
The caller positions should be coherent across both servers.

Has anyone done this already?

Thanks for your feedback.

Vieri