[Freeswitch-users] Ast/FS Rosetta Stone

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Fri May 30 17:07:15 PDT 2008

FYI,

I create a new wiki page:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Rosetta_stone

I thought maybe those who know about Asterisk and FreeSWITCH both could
start dropping stuff in there.  I think that people coming from Asterisk
might have an easier time if they had some sort of frame of reference.
Note that I put a disclaimer at the top - there isn't really a
one-to-one Ast-to-FS translation for most of the stuff, but if you said
to an experienced Asterisk user that "conf/dialplan/default.xml" is
analogous to "/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf" then he/she would at least
have a starting point.  I'm hoping to add more stuff like the fact that
there aren't really "priorities" in FS but that you can use scripting
langs, ivr menus, etc. to mimic a lot of that kind of functionality.

Anyway, your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.  I will do my best
to add stuff as I am able...

-MC