[Freeswitch-users] Delayed DTMF events during gentones

Andy Spitzer woof at pingtel.com
Tue May 27 07:53:43 PDT 2008

Woof!

On Sat, 24 May 2008 10:10:55 -0400, UV <uv at talknet.com.au> wrote:

> sendmsg
> call-command: execute
> execute-app-name: playback
> execute-app-arg: tone_stream://%(10000, 0, 350, 440)
> \n\n
>
> A quick fix, if you wish

Neat.  I wasn't aware of that syntax of tone_steam: URL.  I'll be sure to add that to my bag of tricks.

It's very similar to something I came up with years ago for netann and MSCML RFCs but had to drop for political reasons...we didn't want to have to wait to publish the RFCs because we'd have to standardize with IANA on a tone: scheme, so we dropped it from the RFCs even though it is really useful in real life.  It had a syntax like:

   tone://dialtone?freq1=440&power1=-20&freq2=340&power2=-20&duration=10000

where all tone generation variables are specified as URL parameters.  There was also a "silence://silence?duration=xxxx" scheme for generating various amounts of silence.  It was just an alias for tone:, as setting freq1=0, freq2=0 was the same as saying silence.

--Woof!