[Freeswitch-users] XML based IVR

Jim Thomas jimthomasembedded at yahoo.com
Sat May 24 06:34:11 PDT 2008

Why Lua?
I have experimented with Lua in the past, liked it, and thought it might be a good choice for application scripting on a small Asterisk embedded appliance with limited resources.  But I assumed mainstream users on larger platforms would want to reach for the more familiar PHP or Python.
I also suspect the web integration libraries might be more complete and mature with PHP and Python, which might be important for some telephony server applications.
I am a fan of Lua, but I wonder what makes it the lead horse for scripting FS applications?
Jim