[Freeswitch-users] Sofia reconf bug

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:52:42 PDT 2008

Thx mate. It's cool, I already rebuilt my src tree here and it's all
compiled and running. Like I said, I'm a moron, so I just blindly deleted
the earlier tree that was giving me grief, so lost all the configs I'd made
re: modules, langs etc. Ugh but as I use it, it'll come back to me when
stuff doesn't work :)

Thanks for your help anywho. Any contrib I can make (even just making you
realise that you forgot to commit fixes), makes me feel privilaged and part
of the 'team' :)

I'll have many more questions as I move along in understanding and playing
with FS!

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> we forgot to commit the change
> please
> svn up
> then repeat the command
>
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
>> If that is the case, make a fresh working copy and build that.
>> Mike
>>
>> On May 22, 2008, at 1:52 PM, RR wrote:
>>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> no joy. here's the last few lines when I do "svn update"
>>
>> *Updated external to revision 482.
>>

>> Fetching external item into 'libs/openmrcp'
>> Updated external to revision 593.
>>
>> Updated to revision 8528.
>> *
>> after this "make sofia-reconf current vm-sync" still gives the same error.
>> Same is the case on "make current"
>>
>> Thx
>>

>> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We fixed this in make sofia-reconf late yesterday.  Please update and try
>>> again
>>> On May 22, 2008, at 12:38 PM, RR wrote:

>>> Hi Guys,
>>> I'm a quiet supporter of the FS project and have been watching it from
>>> the sidelines for a while. Haven't had the chance to play much with it other
>>> than it being installed on a spare laptop to just getting used to it. We are
>>> an australian based business-grade telephony company and have built a
>>> proprietary softswitch platform built over a commercial SDK, although I'm
>>> considering replacing that with a FOSS based switch capable of carrier-grade
>>> stability, which I believe FS is going to be in less than a years time,
>>> although I do know that some of you are currently driving loads of mins over
>>> it already. So well done and all the best for the future :)
>>>
>>> Now, just about this particular email, I am not a developer but have
>>> basic familiarity with Unix and Windows dev environments. For some reason
>>> despite my having done as per Brian's tips above, I keep getting an error in
>>> having the latest FS trunk to compile with the following error:
>>> *
>>> [FSLappy:/usr/src/freeswitch]# make sofia-reconf current vm-sync
>>> cd libs/sofia-sip && make clean
>>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/freeswitch/libs/sofia-sip'
>>> Making clean in tests
>>> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/freeswitch/libs/sofia-sip/tests'
>>>  cd .. && /bin/sh /usr/src/freeswitch/libs/sofia-sip/missing --run
>>> automake-1.9 --gnu  tests/Makefile
>>> tests/Makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
>>> make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/freeswitch/libs/sofia-sip/tests'
>>> make[1]: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1